Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Books of 2011



Okay, so now that it's 2012, I am going to post a thing I did last year on my blog.
Hope you enjoy :)

How many books read in 2011
I am a bit embarresed by this but I've only read a hundred...I was just really busy this year and didn't have as much time. I usually read more than this.. :p

How many fiction and non fiction?
Most of them were fiction but I read some non fiction for school


Male/Female author ratio?
About the same.


Favorite book of 2011?
The Chaos Walking books-Oh my gosh, were they good. You have to read them. By the way, these books were science fiction.
Science fiction- The Last of the Jedi books I have read so far, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Episode I Journal: Queen Amidala, The Scorch Trials, Old Republic: Deceived, Coruscant Night trilogy, and A Paradise Snare
Fantasy- Angel: A Maximum Ride novel, The Warlock, The Throne of Fire, Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex, and A Great and Terrible Beauty
Historical Fiction- Les Miserables, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Private Peaceful, All Quiet on the Western Front, and The Chosen
Contemporary Life- The Patron Saint of Butterflies, Speak, Hate List, The Chosen One, and Positively,



Least favourite?
I really haven't read anything to terrible this year. Maybe some of the books I had to read for school that were kind of boring? The MenD'lee and Exodus kind of had sloppy writing.

Newest?
Throne of Fire and The Lost Hero

Longest and shortest book titles?
Longest title- The mostly true adventures of Homer P. Figg and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Shortest title- Angel

Longest and shortest books?
The longest was Les Miserables- It was 1222 pages long and took we about two months to finish. Shortest book would have to be The Metamorphosis

How many books from the library?
Most were from the libaray but I a lot I owned since they were school books(I haven't been able to read as much as I normally do. WAAAAA)


Any translated books?
Les Miserables, The Metamorphosis, Siddhartha, and The Christmas Mystery

Most read author of the year, and how many books by that author?
Jude Watson I suppose. I read an assortment of authors this year.


Any re-reads?
No

Favourite character of the year?
Todd Hewitt, Viola Eade, Ferus Olin, Melinda Sordino(from Speak), Thomas, Valerie(from Hate List), Eponine, Paul, Artemis Fowl, Holly Short, and Trever.

Which countries did you go to through the page in your year of reading?
Russia, Germany, England, India, France, and many fictional planets and worlds

Which book wouldn’t you have read without someone’s specific recommendation?
Les Miserables, The Chaos Walking Trilogy, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves, Speak, Hate List, and A Great and Terrible Beauty



Which author was new to you in 2011 that you now want to read the entire works of?
Patrick Ness and Laurie Halse Anderson

Which books are you annoyed you didn’t read?
The Diary of Anne Frank(I'm reading that now), The Gone series, and the rest of The Last of the Jedi books.

Did you read any books you have always been meaning to read?
Some of the classics

What books are you planning to read in 2012?
Any book that sounds good. I want to read The Amber Spyglass, The Gone series(I have the first book in my pile now), Elantris, Xenocide, and the rest of the Star Wars book I need to read(including the comics)

7 comments:

  1. wow thats alot of reading cool i had to read the Metamorphosis for school too cool post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird! Enjoy the rest of the Last of the Jedi books! :D I may have to come back to this sometime for some book recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!! I enjoyed both the books you mentioned, very good. I'm hoping to start on "Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon" soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow that's a lot of books. my count would have to be about twenty. college life bums me out so finding time for me is hard. i would suggest reading the fate of the jedi series if u haven't all ready read them. so awesome. love the new ben and vestara combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aayla! :) Yeah, I've heard that once you get into college, you hardly have time to read which is bummy :(. I'll be sure to read the Fate of the Jedi series(once I reach that point in the timeline(I'm reading them in chronological order).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You read a lot of awesome books XD What did you think of Angel/The Atlantis Complex/The Throne of Fire? I thought The Throne of Fire was AMAZING, but the other two were just good.

    And you need to get your hands on The Son of Neptune AT ALL COSTS XD

    -Amaranthine
    PS. Do you know how to check your PMs on The Lakehouse? The Mod Squad has been trying to contact you a lot concerning something...on the purple text bar, right under the main banner, in between "Profile" and "Messages", there should be a little white square. Click on it and it'll take you to your PM inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Yes I really enjoyed all three of the books you mentioned and I hope to get the Son of Neptune soon.
    No, I hadn't seen the message(since for some reason P.Ms never went through to my email) but I have checked and hopefully have fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete