Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Retrospect



Now that I think back, I have done a lot of really amazing things this year :)
I have done so many things I've wanted to do and I'm working on things I've always wanted to do. :) Of course it hasn't been a perfect year, but since was life perfect? I'm so glad to have had a good year and I'd like to share some of it with you :D
I'll start from the beginning of the year and go to the end of the year.



We went to a Civil War reenactment earlier this year(since we were studying the Civil War in History at the time). It was really neat and I liked the sword duel pictured above.


My sister, brother, and I protesting for union rights(It was really cold that day :))
It was very cool! We stood outside the capital building and several people spoke. Everyone had these signs with really great quotes on them.



The Homeschool History Fair. My sister and I have done this for the last few years and have always enjoyed it. This year we did one together about the Napoleonic Wars (since we had studied about that earlier in the school year). I was Napoleon Bonaparte and my sister my Lord Horatio Nelson(I'm the taller of the two). It was so cool since I thought we kind of looked our parts!! :)


I went to a Medieval fair with my sister and cousin. Here is me wielding a crossbow.



The movie competition!!! My cousin, sister, brother, and I all made a movie together called - Sun and Moon. We tied for audience's choice with the first place winner and got a director's chair. It was an awesome experiance and we are definetely going to do it again in 2012 (we've already started on our new film!)



HgYI/AAAAAAAACMM/ydX6Fi0JBIo/s1600/confirmation.JPG">
After two years of study, I got confirmed earlier this year. One of my Confirmation gifts was a real sword!!(it's a replica of Excalibur) We used the sword to cut the cake! My Confirmation verse was - Ephesians 6: 10-17 :) By the way, if your wondering, I'm a Lutheran :).












This year I was cast in the play 'Annie' at my local theater!!!! It was an amazing experience and probably the best thing I did all year :D Fun fact: To make our faces look dirty, we put cocoa powder on our faces and when I took a shower I smelled Hot Chocolate :).




This summer I went to on a Mission Trip to South Dakota. While there we stopped at Mount Rushmore. It was a long drive and I was the only one who stayed awake the entire time.



This summer I also went to a Film Acting camp where we learned how to act on film(it's a lot different than acting on stage). We also filmed a movie which was awesome! My sister and I were the good guys which was nice since I almost always play a mean person or a bad guy.


My sister, cousins, parents, and I got to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 and it was amazing! I had been wanting to watch this film since I read the first book many years ago. :)


Here's me helping people whose home had been destroyed by tornadoes.





Finally got my Jedi apparel made this year! I wore it for Halloween and I'm planning on wearing it to Conventions! :)


Our church celebrated it's One-Hundredth year! I got to participate in the skit about the churches history and got to play some of the founders!(One time I was this guy whose daughter still goes to our church! In the play I was trying to get out of Russia and got chased around by a guard who was played by my sister).


This year I had a really great birthday and birthday party! My birthday party was a scavenger hunt around town which was a lot of fun. And I got a car for my birthday party!!! :D


Me singing at my church on Christmas morning!!!

Also, I made my Obi-Wan fanpage(as well as the other ones I created), met a whole bunch of awesome Star Wars fans who share the same interests as me, and joined the Lakehouse Forum!. And of course there was Christmas and such :D

My New Years resolutions
Finish the re-write of the first book in my series and finish the rough draft of my fifth book!!
Get into a movie
Learn Tae-Kwon-Do
Go to Celebration VI
Get better at acting, writing, singing, and piano playing
Read many books, including the Star Wars books I haven't read as well as the comics
And have a good year :D

12 comments:

  1. Sounds Like yo had a Great Year!! I think I'll do a a post like this. The pictures are AWESOME!! COOL!!! I want a sword!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Voronda! :D. You should totally do a post like this; looking forward to seeing it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this seems like an awesome year. i wish i had that much fun. so looking forward to starting my handmaiden cloak and undergown. will post updates as i go along. keep being awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Aayla!
    You keep being awesome too :D Looking forward to seeing your Handmaiden costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome pictures seems like you had an exciting year. cool i'm going to c6 too awsomeness. Hope you have a fantastic 2012 many blessings happy new years

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, jedigal! :)
    Hope you have a fantastic year as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome year for you! :) I hope this year is even better! :D

    The clips from Annie are so cool! Looks like it was a ton of fun to do. And you are a really good singer! So cool to be able to hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Arda. Thanks so much! I hope you have an awesome year too! :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like u have had an awesome year. acting and singing is so much fun isn't it? wht is ur level? i'm a high saprono and saprano. hope u get to make more awesome jedi costumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Aayla! :) Yes, acting and singing are so much fun :). I am a high soprano/soprano but I can sing quite low on the scale as well as quite high. :) Hope you have a good year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that shirt. And the Jedi robes.
    badly
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Thanks :)
    Solace, here is the site where I found the the pattern for the robe and tunic- http://www.padawansguide.com/basic.shtml

    ReplyDelete