Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Movie Heroes

Kayla at Jedi Filmaker and James at JandJ Productions did this challenge on their blogs and I thought it looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll do my Top Ten Movie Heroes now, then I'll do my Top Ten Heroines and ten top villains later this week. :) I few will be from t.v shows instead of movies but they are so cool I had to add them :)












My top hero would be, of course, the great Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. I have a lot of reasons to why I like him,
First off is his character or in other words, personality. In my opinion, he IS the ultimate Jedi; he followed the Code, had great compassion, and was able control his emotions but still feels(I think he felt very deeply, that was why he had to have such control over himself, so that he could do his duty as a Jedi). He also embodied the virtues of the Old Order - steadfastness, selflessness, and modesty. He is a very strong person(mentally and physically) and is able to deal with loads and loads of pain and guilt that no one should have to bear; yet he always stays true to the light side of the Force. He, of course, has his flaws, but on the whole I find him to be one of the strongest, kindest, most loyal, people out there.
He was also a very powerful Jedi- he defeated a Sith as a Padawan learner, resisted a mind wipe at the age of thirteen by building barriers around his mind with the Force(something only a Jedi Master should be able to do), he defeated Grievous, and he defeated The Chosen One in his prime. His lightsaber skills are amazing to watch and I love his form which is called Soresu.
Another thing I love about Obi-Wan are his relationships with different characters. His relationships with others are one of my favorites things about Star Wars, they're so complex, loving, and heart-breaking.
My favorites are: His relationship with Anakin which I see as a triple bond- that of a father and son, that of best friends, and that of brothers. It's a very strong relationship, and it is so tragic when it ends. :( His relationship with Qui-Gon which is that of a father and son. I love it how close they are. They really got along well and it's very sad when Qui-Gon died. :( And his relationship with Siri is one of the only romances I actually like(I'm not that big of a fan of romance). It's interesting, realistic, and very sweet. I love them together. For me, that is the only pairing for Obi-Wan I believe is canon.
He is also very handsome. Sorry for rambling I just really like him.




My second favorite hero is Luke Skywalker, son of the fallen Chosen, savior of the Rebellion, the Republic, and the Jedi Order. I like Luke for many reasons; he's easy to relate to, he's got such a forgiving soul, had a pure heart, and he was a Jedi to the bone. He was able to withstand the temptation to turn to the darkside and saved his father from the dark side and thus helped save the galaxy. He also helped rebuild the Republic and brought the Jedi Order back. He was a great man as well as a great Jedi. I absolutely loved his scene at the end with Vader; that whole section at the end makes ROTJ my second favorite Star Wars film. Plus he looks really cool in his black jumpsuit and X-Wing jumpsuit(I need to make cosplay costumes for those outfits someday).





Next on my list is Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Master to Obi-Wan and finder of The Chosen One. He was a very calm, very powerful Jedi who had the courage to stick to what he thought and had the loyalty to remain in the Jedi Order; unlike some other maverick Jedi, he remained deeply rooted in his Jedi upbringing, even if he disagreed with the Council on some matters. I really see him one of the best Jedi ever and he was a very brave, very good man. :)





My next choice is Anakin Skywalker. Yes, he goes evil, but before that he was definitely a hero. Remember that quote from The Dark Knight about dying a hero or living long enough to see yourself become the villain; that kind of reminds me of Anakin a little bit. I thought that Anakin was a very brave, very caring person who had some major issues that were never worked through like they should have been.
Another reason he is on my list is that I can relate to him and I find his character very interesting and very tragic. :(




Samwise, or Sam, Gamgee - the most brave, loyal character in the entire LOTR epic. He stayed with Frodo until the end, was brave and strong even when he felt he couldn't, and was one of the few with the metal strength to give up the ring. He was also very smart, resourceful, and caring. And his friendship and dedication to Frodo was very powerful; who can forget when he carried Frodo up the Volcano to the very maw of Mount Doom? He was definitely one of the biggest heroes in LOTR.




Frodo Baggins, the main protagonist of LOTR and a very brave, resilient man/Hobbit.
He had to carry the burden of the Ring and continued on even when all hope seemed lost. He was very brave in that he was willing to forgo everything in his life to destroy the Ring and save the world.




Harry Potter. Harry is definitely a very brave, compassionate, and selfless person. Even at a young age, he was willing to risk his life for others. Even with his great heroics, he was still a tween/teen aged boy and that's what makes him so great. I like how realistic he is, and how, even though he had problems, and sometimes uncontrollable emotions, he's able to brave it out and comes through at the end a man who never lost his goodness or his goal.




The character of Angel is from the television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and its spin-off "Angel." Angel is such good character on those shows! He is a vampire who is good, though the reasoning behind why he is good is a very cool, well thought out one and it makes complete sense. He is a good, compassionate person and a heck of a fighter; especially on his show. I like his personality, his humor, and his selflessness. He sticks to his morals and genuinely wants to help those in need.
Oh and I love his line "Can you fly?" in the first "Angel" episode; hehehehehe >:)




Another hero I really like is Avatar Aang from the t.v series "Avatar: The Last Airbender." He is a very compelling character who grows much over the course of his story and grows into a mature, though still child-like, very powerful bender. His fighting style is very cool, especially once he's learned all four elements. I also really like his character and like his desire to refrain from killing at all costs. Warning, the next one will give some minor spoilers for the t.v series.


Zuko is also a character from Avatar: The Last Airbender. He starts out as an antagonist to the heroes but he has a good side and is definitely not an evil individual. His growth over the show was awesome to behold and I loved watching him grow as a character. He's amazing in season 3 and his fighting is great, especially in the third season finale.

Well, hoped you enjoyed the post. I'll be doing my top ten heroines and top ten villains later this week.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and May the Force be with you..Always :)
Jedi Shena Tokala out

23 comments:

  1. I agree with you until the last two :P Because I never watched them :P Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the list :) And I think you would like the characters from the last two; their show is very awesome :).

      Delete
  2. Very cool list. :) I also like Sam (and the all of the Star Wars heroes of course) I think that he is underrated, he literally carried Frodo to Mount Doom.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it :) I agree, Sam is a very underrated character; he is definitely one of my favorite characters from the films.

      Delete
    2. I am always switching between Gandalf and Sam as my favorite LOTR character but after watching the extended editions I think Gandalf is my favorite. :D
      "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"
      I love that quote and "You Shall NOT PASS!". :)

      -James

      Delete
    3. I love Gandalf too, he's SO COOL! And I agree, those quotes are awesome! My favorite LOTR characters are - Eowyn, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Merry, Pippin, Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli.

      Delete
    4. My Top 3 favorites are: Gandalf, Sam, and Aragorn but I probably have to think about the rest of the list and post about it. :)

      -James

      Delete
    5. I like those characters as well :) And cool, I'll look at your post to see who else you like :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, by the way, I have an art work I did dedicated to you :) Hope you like it :) It's not the best ever... but it's okay

    http://solaceutara.deviantart.com/art/Obi-Wan-Kenobi-The-Ultimate-Jedi-292748591

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post I love your top four and last two. (avatar is awsome) I agree I love zuko. and obiwan for the win, who doesn't love him there is so much to love. As well as luke, quigon and of course anakin. Great list Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and yay for Harry potter, I agree his character is very realistic and even at a young age he acted selflessly and for the most part accepted the responsibility of being the chosen one anyway great list

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, glad you liked the characters in the list! :) I agree, Avatar is awesome! And Obi-wan, Luke, Qui-Gon, Anakin, and Harry Potter are epic! :D

      Delete
  5. Awesome list! I think I should go and make my own list, but it would be the same if I just took yours and translated it into Spanish =) (well... expect for the last three heroes ^^ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, glad you liked it :) Cool, I'll check out your list on your blog :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! :D I love how you included Sam, he's such an amazing character who doesn't get near as much credit as he should in LotR fandom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yes, I agree Same deserves more credit then he gets, he's so amazing(he actually kind of reminds me of Obi-Wan for some reason :) )

      Delete
  7. AWESOME LIST! I agree Obi-Wan is a great jedi and him and Siri are perfect for eah other!! Why can't other people see that!! :)

    And I LOVE Avatar:The Last Airbender!! Zuko and Toph are my fav chareters from it!! I wish I could bend the elements! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I so agree! :D :D Obi-Wan and Siri are AMAZING! And Zuko and Toph are also in my favorite character list(I also like Katara, Sokka, Iroh, Aang, and Suki) I wish I could bend the elements too, it would be so cool

      Delete
  8. Cool post! :D I'm with you on all the SW and LotR characters. Nice pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Arda, glad you liked the pictures :) And thank you, I love the pictures too :D

      Delete
  9. The top six I ADORE! :D wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete