Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Friday, November 18, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 8

Today's topic is "Favorite Original trilogy film"

For me, there is no contest-it's Return of the Jedi.
It is my favorite OT film for many reason which I will relay below.
This film is the end of the six films and it brings it all to a close so before even seeing it, you know it will be good. It brings everything we know and gives us one of the best story endings ever. I love how Luke grew and matured from the farm boy on Tatooine who dreamed of adventure.
What makes it my favorite Original Trilogy film is the last third of the film which deals with Luke and his desperate attempts at redeeming his father and the end of the Empire. Luke's strength in not turning and child-like and innocent (I don't mean this in a bad way) belief that his father is good. Mark Hamill truly shines in these scenes, showing us Luke's inner torment, worry for his friends, and desire to save his father from the evil darkside that entraps him.
Though my favorite part of the fight scene is when Luke, who has thrown away his lightsaber, says"Never. I'll never turn to the darkside. You failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Then Palpatine, in a rage at not getting what he wants, begins to attack Luke with Force lightning. Luke begs his father for help and finally, finally, the ice around Vader's heart melts and he rises up and throws the evil monster into the main reactor and he is Anakin once more. Then Luke drags his dying father away and tries to save him-only to be told that he already has. He and his father briefly get to talk and Luke takes off his father's mask so Anakin can look at his son with his own eyes for the first, and last, time. The acting in these scene is extremely powerful and well done.
Another reason I love this movie so much is the end sequence. After so much pain and fear, the galaxy is set right. I love the montages of all the worlds celebrating the fall of the Empire and the way it ends back on Endor with our heroes. Then Luke sees the Force-Ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda joined by his father, Anakin, and their all smiling. And you know that everything is right now in the galaxy and that the Jedi are back. Oh, and I love the song! I played it at my last piano recital. :)
Here is the end of Return of the Jedi which is so, so, SO amazing! See if you can find the toppling of the Emperor's statue(its during the montage on Coruscant.) Oh, and I have to say it- I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!! :)




Oh, and here's a fanfiction I wrote about Anakin's redemption. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment