Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Monday, November 28, 2011

Star Wars Challenge Day 18

So, today is "Favorite AOTC film"!
Yay! I love this movie!
Okay, here goes.
I pretty much like anything with Obi-Wan in this film. He does a lot of the cool stuff that takes up a lot of the film. Oh, and I like what little we see of Obi-Wan and Anakin.



So, I liked the duel when Obi-Wan and Anakin fight Dooku- I just HATE the part where they get cut down. The dueling moves, however, are just plain awesome. Both Jedi are very skilled duelists.
My Favorite part, however, is the Battle of Geonosis. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme do a very good job escaping their chains and fighting their respective beasts- especially since they don't have weapons. I also like their dialogue-haha, very funny. And then the actual battle is awesome- we get to see hundreds of Jedi in action instead of just one-on-one/two duels. It was also very sad since many Jedi were killed :(. I liked the part where the Jedi are standing bravely, looking totally exhausted, in the Survivors as a former Master tries to get them to surrender. But they won't. I also liked the part where, Obi-Wan had bent down to check a fallen Jedi's pulse, paused with look of sadness on his face, before standing- I found it touching.

I love both of Obi-Wan's fight with Jango, but I prefer the ship-to-ship battle. Jango and Boba keep trying to kill him and Obi-Wan evades everything they throw at him- proving him to be an awesome pilot(Interesting fact: Obi-Wan used to like flying when he was a Youngling/Padawan and wanted to be one). Obi-Wan's hand-to-hand fight with Jango is also pretty cool- I have to say I think Obi-Wan won, really. If he hadn't got to a tracking beacon on their ship and followed them- the Republic would have been started as they got attacked.


I LOVE the speeder chase. We get to see Obi-Wan and Anakin as Master and Apprentice in action and their banter back in forth after Obi-Wan is caught on Anakin's speeder is hilarious. I especially like when Anakin is diving the ship down towards another vessel. and Obi-Wan says "Pull up, Anakin! Pull up!" I also like scenes in the nightclub(You want to go home and re-think you're life. I want to go home and rethink my life).

When Obi-Wan jumps out the window and grabs the ASN-121 courier droid and goes flying away. I mean it's so awesome- He just looks over, takes in the situation and calculates the distance he needs to leap in a matter of miliseconds and BAM-he jumps out the window and grabs the droid. Awesome Obi-Wan moment plain and simple :).

I like a part right before this when we see Obi-Wan unsteadily get to his feet and bend down to help Anakin to his feet. I just love this little moments we get to see in the films of their relationship. Poor Obi-Wan, though. No one is helping him as he limps away- someone should help him or at least ask if he is okay.

Some people don't like what Obi-Wan does in this scene but he really was trying to help Anakin. Anakin didn't even say anything and Obi-Wan says "You look tired." He seems concerned when he says this. Anakin then replies that he doesn't sleep well anymore. Then Obi-Wan asks-states actually-if it's about his mother. Anakin says he doesn't understand why he keeps dreaming about her and Obi-Wan tells him that dreams pass in time. Obi-Wan probably thought he was just having dreams about her- he'd had them about his Master died and was just trying to comfort him that the dreams wouldn't always be there. And if Anakin had wanted to pursue the subject, he could have, but instead he starts talking about Padme. So how was Obi-Wan to know that he was seeing visions because his mother was going to die soon? Anakin didn't even know until later. And Obi-Wan would have saved her- he says so in Wild Space.

I also liked the scenes on Kamino. The rainy world was pretty in a strange way and I liked the inside of the buildings. Obi-Wan is also cool- since he is on a detective-like mission.
I love the scenes where Obi-Wan is spying on the soon-to-be Separatist alliance- it is cool to see him in a secret mission where he can't be seen or heard. Really cool stuff :).


I also like when he's trying to contact Anakin and can't reach him on Naboo he says, "I sure hope nothings happened to him." One of those moments you can see their bond(something I wish there had been more of, but then we do have books in-between the films so I guess that will suffice).
I like the part in this scene where they are reunited with Padme. Anakin starts stuttering when he talks to Padme and makes a comment about how Padme has grown more beautiful. The face Obi-Wan makes at this point is quite humorous- he's probably thinking 'Oh brother!'
I also the elevator scene. This is one of the few scenes in the movie where we can see Obi-Wan's and Anakin's bond. It is a quiet, funny moment between two people, remembering an experience they had several years back(the gundark episode is detailed in Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth by Jude Watson). I wished there could have been more of these(another one was when they leave and Obi-Wan says "May the Force be with you" to Anakin with a smile).

I also like the scene where Obi-Wan gets his information from Dex about where the toxic dart came from. I like their easy friendship, and it's cool to see Obi-Wan interacting with one of his non-Jedi friends.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome as always! :D The Jedi-detective missions are cool! Wonder what happened to make Obi-Wan dislike flying. Perhaps a young Anakin seeing just how fast a Republic starfighter could go? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    Yeah, I suspect Anakin had SOMETHING to do with that ;) He probably liked flying their ships like a podracer

    ReplyDelete