Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day and Favorite Pairings



                            Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! :D :D
     Unlike a lot of people, I've always liked Valentine's Day- my family and I have fun traditions we do and it's enjoyable :). Even though I'm older, I don't do the whole 'Forever Alone' thing since I know that I will eventually get married. One thing I don't get it why teens/young adults say that- I can understand if your like forty, but if your young you've got your whole life ahead of you. Oh well :)


So, I've thought of doing this for awhile, but I'm going to do a list of my favorite pairings/Ships :) They come from books/movies/TV shows mainly and most are canon but some aren't(I think there are only a couple like that, however; I'll let you know). :) :) And I'll try not to make the post too long :)








                                                              
                                                                             
                                                                 

                               Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi from Star Wars(Secrets of the Jedi, Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest). My top favorite pairing ever and the first one I actually liked :D. How could I not include it?
I really enjoy the two of them- they fit each other perfectly and their interactions are really funny. The chemistry between them is awesome and I wish there were more books with the two of them. :D It's also the only Obi-Wan-related relationship that I consider canon. I love both of them as characters which is also important since in a lot of fiction, its common to only one character interesting and the other is just the bland love interest. So, major props to Jude Watson for bringing both a character from the films and one of her own creation to such vibrant life :D.
I also love that Obi-Wan was paired with a Jedi; I can see Anakin liking someone who wasn't one since, having been raised outside the Temple, it would make sense. However, for someone like Obi-Wan, I'd only see him paired with a fellow Jedi since they would relate so much better. Plus, Siri is an awesome fighter and can take care of herself and I'm glad they had Obi-Wan like someone who he wouldn't have to worry about(too much, since everyone worries about the person they like) because he knew she was just as good as he was and could take care of herself.
The pairing is a sad one, but nonetheless, it's perfect.














                     Belle and Rumplestiltskin from Once Upon A Time.
This one is awesome as well!! :D It's really good and unexpected and so amazing they got me to love it after one episode(and it's gotten even better). This show also does a great job making you like both characters. Rumplestiltskin is definitely the most complex on the show and while a villain, to an extent, Belle brings out the goodness in him and he's been gradually been getting better :). Belle isn't just a prop in the story either which I love- she is brave, resourceful, very smart(she found the invisible boat at the docks, rescued Archie, got the shawl back, and pawned Hook twice in a single episode), and a very kind person who isn't afraid to call Rumplestiltskin out when he's acting mean(she's one of the few that actually can do that). This pairing has been awesome so far this season and it is only going to get better.
The actors(Robert Carlyle and Emilie de Ravin) are amazing in their own right but they were perfectly together and have some of the best acting chemistry I've ever seen. I definitely want to work with the two of them someday :)


A scene from episode 4 of season 2(episode 14 is coming up Sunday and it looks epic!:D )





Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl from Star Wars (Jedi Apprentice and Legacy of the Jedi).
Another one of my favorite pairings! It's also a very good one(by Jude Watson as well) as well as a sad one; the two are great characters and while we don't get to see too much of them, their chemistry is very well done and makes you wish you could see more of them. :)







Rose Tyler and the Doctor(9 and 10) from Doctor Who. 
This was such an amazing ship! I liked it immediately when I started season 1 of the show and its one of my top favorites still! :) It  works well, isn't sappy, and the actors have awesome acting chemistry :D. It was one of the million reasons why I loved the show, and I wish we could have seen more of both their characters. I loved how both were great characters and that you cared about them a whole lot over the course of the series. It was sad, but it ended up well(for Rose anyway) in the end of season 4. 
It was also pretty funny at times and I enjoyed how it wasn't the annoying insta-love that is prevalent in too many shows nowadays. Good writing right there! :)





Sherlock Holmes and John Watson in BBC's Sherlock.
While not entirely canon, as of yet, I can definitely see it becoming so(especially from some things the actors and creators have said). It seems very unlikely, but its awesome and hilarious! XD I love the jokes about them throughout the series(had me laughing a lot). Like my sister said in her post, John was the first person Sherlock showed concern for and I think that's pretty telling. I can't wait to see more of these two in the upcoming season :) 




In my book series,  there is an awesome ship involving my main character. I won't reveal anything about it just yet(since it doesn't really come up until the second season, though you might see some of the hints I sprinkled in the first series), I just want to say, even I, the writer, ship it! XD. I hope you all end up liking it as much as I do. It won't be annoying, I can promise you that :) 
(after this are ships I really like, not my OTPs). 






Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila from Star Wars(Junior Jedi Knights series and New Jedi Order series). 
I've really liked the two together since the first Junior Jedi Knights book. They really compliment each other well and I wish it had a happier ending (I was so mad with what the did to Anakin). :( 






Darra Thel-Tanis and Ferus Olin from Star Wars(Jedi Quest)
While not exactly canon, I can definitely see it happening between the two characters and I really like the idea of it. :) There are some hints in the Jedi Quest series and I wish it could have been obviously canon 


Prince Aleksandar(Alek) of Hohenberg and Midshipman Deryn(Dylan's her fake name) Sharp from the Leviathan Trilogy.
The shipping is really funny and well done and I absolutely love both characters. They are both fabulously written and both are really cool (Deryn saves Alek a lot... XD). I really enjoyed reading about their adventures on the Leviathan and other places around the world and I wish there were more books! 




Tallisibith Enderwung-Esterhazy(Scout) and Whie Maleraux from Star Wars(Yoda: Dark Rendezvous)
While there isn't too much of it, I really enjoyed it and their characters.



Jaina Solo and Zekk from Star Wars (Young Jedi Knights series)
Sadly, Jaina doesn't end up with Zekk(she gets married to Jag, who I don't like :P) but I really like the ship and it was perfect in the YJK series. I only wish it had been carried into the other books. 




                                             
                           Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo and Jacen Solo from Star Wars(Young Jedi Knights)
                                                While I don't particularly like what happened to these characters in the later books, I really enjoyed these two in the Young Jedi Knights series. They were hilarious and Tenel Ka's stoic,  humorless demeanor was great against Jacen's humorous one. :)



Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker from Star Wars
While I haven't really read anything with them(except for the New Jedi Order books I read where she was pregnant or sick), I really like what I've heard. And Mara Jade sounds like such an awesome character! :D


                                         Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley from Harry Potter

                                Besides Siri and Obi-Wan, Ron and Hermione are probably one of my oldest ships. I remember while reading the books and watching the films, I always knew they'd end up together and having arguments with kids in my Sunday School about who Hermione was going to end up(some kids agreed with me and some thought she'd end up with Harry). I really like the both of them since they are great characters and good  friends throughout the series :)
From Harry Potter, I also like Lily/Snape




                                    Captain America and Iron Man(The Avengers) in a Fanfiction sense
                                             While I do like Peggy/Steve and Tony/Pepper, I also like these two. Before I watched any of the Avenger films, I saw a giff on Tumblr and (Like I did with Johnlock) I randomly decided to ship them.



                                          Katara and Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender
                                         While I was watching the show, I preferred Katara/Aang(which is below) but after my Mom said something to me after she watched it(and after I re-watched some episodes), I found myself really liking the ship.



 
                                                               Katara and Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender

                                   While I slightly like Katara/Zuko, I still really like Katara and Aang and ship if canonically and I enjoyed seeing it grow on the show. 



                                               Sokka and Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender
                        Same as with Zutara, I didn't initially ship these two, but after finishing the show, I started to like the pairing and wish it were canon. :)



                                              Sokka and Suki from Avatar: The Last Airbender
           
                                                While I slightly prefer Tokka, I still really enjoyed Sokka and Suki and I shipped it while watching the show and I still ship it canonically :)

                          

                                          Lin Bei Fong and Tenzin from Avatar: The Legend of Korra
                                            While they aren't 'together' on the show, I really wish they were. :)



Captain Jack and Ianto from Torchwood 
Even though I haven't started Torchwood yet, I've already decided to ship the two of them :) From what I've read on the Doctor Who wiki and Tumblr, it is definitely one I believe I will like.


                                                                Bastila Shan and Revan
                   I've loved what I read on Wookiepedia and from the book Revan and I definitely ship it. I can't wait to eventually play the game. It seems like a really good ship! :)



                                       Willow and Oz from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                                 Probably the best ship on the show. I really enjoyed the two of them and Oz was a really awesome guy! :) It was really funny, both were great characters, and the end of it was really well done but sad.


                                             Willow and Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

                                         While I didn't like it too much at first(since I preferred her with Oz and it seemed weird that they just decided to make her lesbian- I think they should have had her be Bi since it would have made more sense), I ended up really liking it, especially in the fifth and sixth seasons. :)

In Buffy I also liked Buffy/Angel




For Covert Knight's challenge, here is a picture that represents my favorite pairing. See if you can figure it out :)

:)
Jedi Shena Tokala signing off

18 comments:

  1. Interesting! I have a question about shipping, does that mean as a romantic couple, or can it mean friendship as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). Shipping means romantic shipping; for friendships, you would you the term bromance ship, which while traditionally used to describe a close, non-romantic relationship between two guys but it can also be used for two friends who are girls or a guy-girl friendship.
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  2. That picture of Qui-Gon and Tahl is way to similar to Doomsday. D: I agree with you on the YJK ships - Great in the series, but too bad they couldn't last. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it does :O :(.
      I'm glad you agree! :D Thank you! :)
      Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes! I agree with almost all of those ships; 9, 10 and Rose is one of my favorite, along with Zutara. Great list! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Glad you agree, I love them :)
      Happy Valentine's Day!! :D

      Delete
  4. Woo! I totally agree. The doctor and rose is sooo sweet! And I like all your star wars ones :D
    Forever Alone? I don't know why I say that, but it's kinda a joke :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I agree, it is ! :D Glad you like those! :D
      I thought so- though, I think some people may be serious when they say it(I'm not very good, at times, at distinguishing if people are just kidding or not).

      Delete
  5. Oh... and I have no idea for covert's challenge. Tell me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, basically you just find, or make, a picture of edit that represents your favorites ship.

      If you're asking about my picture, it represents Obi-Wan and Siri; see the purple and blue swirls, that represents their lightsaber colors.

      Delete
    2. I knew it! I knew it was Siriwan, but I wasn't sure!!
      Gosh... I missed the colors. Oh and, aren't you gonna tag anyone? *wink*wink* Ehe-he-he...
      Have you guessed mine, by the way?

      BTW, Solace, don't forget to put a flower of your choice if it's an edit (could be a rose, daisy, etc.). XD I used a blood-red rose to emphasize a certain tone in the series my favorite couple belongs to.

      Delete
    3. Good for you!! :D
      I'll tag everyone who wants to do it :)
      Yes, I guessed yours XD

      Delete
    4. What was it? XD You can just give their surname initials, if you want. :)

      On Jaina/Zekk: I've never read NJO/YJK/LOTF/FOTJ, but from what I've heard, it sounds like a better pairing compaired to Jag/Jaina. I only supported Jag/Jaina because it resulted in the existences of Marasiah Fel and the Imperial Knights (gosh, I love their crimson armor). Maybe it's the result of jumping right from Dark Times to Legacy (comics) era. X)

      Delete
    5. J P and L T :)

      I'm glad you like Jaina and Zekk better :D Not very many people do :)
      I can understand that, however, since they are pretty cool :)

      Delete
    6. Yep! ;)

      Skunk-haired Imperials, rogue SkySolos, cast diversity, and shiny crimson armor. How could I resist them? XD

      Delete