Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Annie


























































Last month I had the wonderful importunity to be a part of our local community theater's production of Annie. I was cast as the role of Pepper, the toughest of the orphan girls in the orphanage ruled over my the tyrannical Miss Hannigan. This was definitely one of my favorite shows to do as well as one of my favorite roles to perform. Our cast was the best I have ever worked with; everyone was just so talented! We worked very hard on this production; for the last few weeks of practice, we attended the theater every night to practice. And I'm very glad we did. Our show became a phenomenal success. We sold out every night and even added a Saturday matinee the last week. Everyone who came loved it and complemented our show profusely, saying we were good, or better, then Broadway. And these were people who had BEEN to Broadway! Even someone who had down lighting on Broadway show said he was stunned. Lots of people complemented my acting and singing ability and how well I portrayed my character; which made me so glad I had done what I had wanted to do with my role. I also loved my role. I came to really care about her over the weeks I acted her out and came up with a way to appear as a mean and tough bully , yet sympathetic and downtrodden little girl as well. I am so glad I decided to audition for this production and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just so you know, I am the girl with the curly, honey blond hair in the blue (sometimes purple due to the lighting) sweater. By Shena Tokala :)

No comments:

Post a Comment