Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,

Actor, Writer, Jedi, Singer,
You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you

Friday, November 26, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1



A little while ago I got back from part 1 of the last installment of the Harry Potter series of movies. These movies have always been a favorite of mine and most of the time VERY well done (with the exception of the fourth which I found lacking).
Anyway, my parents, sister, cousin, and I went to the movie theater and sat in the soft seats, waiting for the first half of the end. The movie opens up, surprisingly with Hermione wiping her parents memories so she can protect them and leaving home, then goes over to the Dursley's leaving Harry so they can be safe and finally with Ron standing outside his house. After this the movie unfolds very closely to the novel (which I very much recommend) and even the dialogue was the exactly the same as the written word. The actors, especially Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter, Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger, and Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley all execute their roles all most perfectly and with full conviction that is absolutely outstanding. The story is very different from the preceding films, all most alien in its telling, but then, the book was the same way. Gone is the lightness and the innocence that filled the first books and films and finally the story comes into full darkness, with small glimmers of hope that appear every once in awhile. But even with the movies dark undertones there is humor, which is greatly appreciated in such a downing tale. The death near the end, even though I knew it would come, was heart wrenching and I even felt my throat burn which rarely happens in films since I don't cry easily. After leaving the theater I was filled with a desire to see part 2, to see how the story ends and how they will pull off everything, which I have a feeling they just might.
Now, we wait until July!

2 comments: